Prawns and Raw Mango Curry:
Recipe..recipe credit to my friend Reshma Chander
1. Prawns 1 cup aft cleaning
2. Coconut milk medium thick 1 ½ cup
3. Onion 1
4. Raw mango 1 medium chopped
5. Green chillies 4
6. Ginger 1 inch
7. Garlic cloves 6-8
8. Curry leaves 10-12
9. Oil 2 tsp
10. Red chilli pwd Kashmiri 2 tsp
11. Coriander seeds 1tsp
12. Fennel seeds to garnish¾ tsp
13. Jeera ½ tsp
14. Coriander leaves.
1. In 1 tsp oil fry roughly chopped ginger, full cloves of garlic ,full green chillies curry leaves on slow fire for few mins.
2. Add coriander seeds jeera fennel and fry for a minute.
3. Remove and grind to a paste and keep aside .
4. In same pan add a tsp of oil and sauté chopped onions till light golden.
5. Add the ground masala fry for few mins till raw smell goes. Since it was fried earlier it won’t take long.
6. Then add the Kashmiri chilli pwd pinch haldi powder and prawns and raw mango pieces. Saute for a couple of minutes till well blended .
7. Add coconut milk and on a slow flame bring to a boil and cook till shrimp is done ...
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.
9.The spice and colour is from the ground green masala yet the colour is a vibrant red.